Leoic's Gift
The elven woman stood and gathered the scroll she had been working on, carefully tucking it into an ornate scroll case. She took a deep breath and exited the room to travel to the parlor where Elrose and his friends had been instructed to wait.
Elrose stood as she entered the room and began to speak, but she swiftly held a finger to his lips, rendering him silent for the moment.
"Do not speak, Elrose of the Northlands," she requested, "instead, listen for I have not much time."
She composed herself and ignored the rest of the company, speaking calmly to Elrose alone.
"I have committed many crimes. Some against my people, some against you and your friends. Some against the Gods. Some against nature. I have interrupted the natural order of things for my own ends and I have much to answer for, but I wanted to thank you before I leave to answer for my deeds."
She produced the scroll case from under her robes and handed it to the tall, puzzled human.
"You have saved my life and have given me the opportunity to mend that which I have rended. Many do not receive a second chance. I will not squander mine."
She glanced over at Amaren and nodded solemnly.
"I have learned that the laws of gods are not to be trifled with and that no salvation is without cost. I will spend the rest of my days in the service of others."
She looked down at her hands as if they were suddenly useless and continued her explanation.
"Mystra has removed my connection to the weave. I have been cast adrift in this sea of magic without a sail. I prayed for days that I might use the art to create one last spell. I was granted this brief gift."
She reached out and tapped the scroll case that Elrose was now holding.
"May it save your life and give you a second chance, as you have done for me..."
Elrose stood as she entered the room and began to speak, but she swiftly held a finger to his lips, rendering him silent for the moment.
"Do not speak, Elrose of the Northlands," she requested, "instead, listen for I have not much time."
She composed herself and ignored the rest of the company, speaking calmly to Elrose alone.
"I have committed many crimes. Some against my people, some against you and your friends. Some against the Gods. Some against nature. I have interrupted the natural order of things for my own ends and I have much to answer for, but I wanted to thank you before I leave to answer for my deeds."
She produced the scroll case from under her robes and handed it to the tall, puzzled human.
"You have saved my life and have given me the opportunity to mend that which I have rended. Many do not receive a second chance. I will not squander mine."
She glanced over at Amaren and nodded solemnly.
"I have learned that the laws of gods are not to be trifled with and that no salvation is without cost. I will spend the rest of my days in the service of others."
She looked down at her hands as if they were suddenly useless and continued her explanation.
"Mystra has removed my connection to the weave. I have been cast adrift in this sea of magic without a sail. I prayed for days that I might use the art to create one last spell. I was granted this brief gift."
She reached out and tapped the scroll case that Elrose was now holding.
"May it save your life and give you a second chance, as you have done for me..."



1 Comments:
DAMN...
Post a Comment
<< Home